السبت، 3 نوفمبر 2012

The little things...

So it's been a while since my last post which was surprisingly upbeat compared to my first few post.  I'm happy to say that things are still going well here and part of it is due to a conscious change in attitude.  Moving here has taught me to really look for the little victories instead on focusing on the defeats.  Earlier this month I managed to get 3 days worth of activities and errands done all in one day.  Now keep in mind, what takes me 3 days to do here is one day of errands and such in the states.  At the end of that day I felt so accomplished and energized mainly because I began to realize that maybe I could survive here.

So enough about me because this is supposed to be about all of us.....

Cecilia has really settled in to her new life here and even though we think and talk about all of her friends in Texas and Louisiana she has really made some sweet and wonderful friends here.  She goes on play dates all the time and is happy and thriving!  School and learning are fun for her which I truly hope continues for years to come.  I love her creative spirit and her ability to find joy in almost every situation.

Keira and I have been getting out a lot more going to play groups and Kindermusik and parks (now that the temperature has dropped below 100 degrees).  We have made some friends and are enjoying our one on one time together.  It's lots of fun to see her personality developing!

This past week was Halloween which is somewhat celebrated here because of the large expat community.  We are fortunate enough to have a neighborhood full of expats so there were many houses participating, so we invited a friend of Cecilia's from school and we went trick-or-treating.  Cecilia was dressed as a pink My Little Pony and Keira was a little fairy.  We all had a blast and it was nice to have another little sense of normalcy here.
Cecilia and her friend Tiana

Keira's Costume from the back

Cecilia's school had it's Fall Festival, which is also Halloween themed, the day after Halloween.  They had a parade of costumes for all of the Elementary School and then had booths set up with games to play to win candy.  All of Cecilia's classmates were there and she had a great time running around with them and getting candy. 

On a not so fun note we've had to say goodbye to 2 families in the last month or so who were moving on to bigger and better things.  It's difficult living in such an ever changing expat community.  I'm not big change that I can't control and I'm used to having the same people around me all of the time so I have trouble when I have to watch friends leave not knowing when or if I'll ever see them again.  I guess it's something that I'll have to get used to experiencing. 

Anyways, that's all for now so I'll leave you with a few more pictures







ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق