السبت، 1 سبتمبر 2012

A Sense of Normalcy! Back to the UAE....

So we have been back from the States for about 2 1/2 weeks now and are slowly getting into a normal routine.  While the girls and I were away for the summer, Tommy hired a WONDERFUL woman to be our live-in maid and did I mention she is WONDERFUL!!!!  After all of the hell we went through with our sea freight container getting sent back to Houston and having to go through it in a hot warehouse I was dreading coming back and unpacking all of it.  To my surprise, however, Heizle (our maid) had unpacked 90% of it!!  All I have left to do is hang the artwork and move a few things around and we have a fully put together house! YAY!  

Also on the positive side, my sweet Cecilia started Kindergarten or KG2 as they call it here.  Last Tuesday was her first day and she really loved it!  Her teacher is very sweet and the school is wonderful.  Cecilia is growing up so fast and while we have our little setbacks every now and then, I am amazed at how responsible she has become.  Every night before we go to bed she helps me pack her lunch and we pick out her clothes for the next day.  In the morning we put all of the food in her lunchbox, make sure her folder is in her bag, make sure she has her water bottle, get dressed and brush her teeth.  Granted I give her gentle reminders along the way till these things become routine. 

I didn't think that I would ever be happy to be back here but I had forgotten how wonderful it is to have Tommy home every night.  It has been great to have his support every night in getting the girls fed, bathed and in bed!  The girls are even doing better now that Daddy is home every night and they get so excited when he walks in the door.  Now, not everything is perfect but I don't expect perfect, just normal which I finally feel like I have even though I had to move halfway across the world to get it!

Well that's all for now!  I'll try to be better about updating from now on!

Mal



ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق