الثلاثاء، 24 أبريل 2012

Surviving...

So here are the things that I have managed to accomplish so far:

1. I have made it to several grocery stores and malls (there are a ton of malls!)with both kids which is a huge undertaking for me!

2. With the help of the other ExxonMobil wives I have found a babysitter who lives next door and a part-time maid.  I never had a babysitter in the almost 5 years that we lived in Texas.

3. Tommy and I were able to attend a Dinner with other ExxonMobil employees and their spouses.  I met a lot of wonderful women who have taken me under their wings and helped me to adjust to life here.

4.  The girls and I took a trip to the beach with a friend and had a wonderful time playing in the sand and water.

5.  I have gotten most of the girls clothes out of the suitcases and in to the closets (even though I'll have to pack them up again in about a month or so)

6. I have ordered lots and lots of takeout! I only have three pots for the time being and no storage containers so I can only cook once every few days.  The food is pretty good here!

We are supposed to receive our air shipment in the next few days so at least then the girls will have some toys and I will have more pots and utensils. It really is difficult to cook anything when you only have three pots. Also we'll be able to start sleeping in the master bedroom since the sheets and comforter are in the air shipment.

The house is coming along but we still desperately need rugs to absorb some of the echo. Oh yeah and furniture would be nice too considering poor Keira is sleeping in her pack-n-play in an empty room. 

Here are some of the pictures Tommy has taken so far...

 







Love you all!!

هناك تعليق واحد: